Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Washington DC - Day 4

Nothing new today, just good food. I ate at Ega Korean restaurant (http://egatysons.com/) and I am sooooo glad I did. It was excellent. They have a lunch buffet with a decent selection of choices, and a large amount of sushi. The sushi was good, not great, but REALLY good for buffet sushi. I had several pieces and the sashimi was fresh and firm. A great starter.

I also had bulgogi (on par with really good stuff I've had previously) and a spiced beef dish very similar to bulgogi but hotter. It was really nice. I had a marinated and BBQed chicken that was tasty with nicely cooked broccoli. There was also a spicy seafood dish that was really good. It had octopi/squid and some other unknown stuff in it. I got gutsy, glad I did.The kimchi was okay, but I'd had better. It was still exponentially better than any Chinese buffet I've ever had. Fantastic food!

Photobucket

Photobucket

By the time I realized I needed to fill up for dinner, I was a bit tired and not up for going far. There is a Mexican restaurant next to my hotel that gets good reviews online. I decided to check out Tequila Grande (http://www.tequilagrande.com/). It was pretty good. The chips were not very tasty, tasting like warmed up bagged chips, and the salsa was different, more like Indian sweet Papadam relish than salsa, but not unlikable. I ordered the Burrito Gorda, and a tamale on the side. The tamale was good, they always are, but it was covered with green salsa and cheese... I would have preferred it without those, but I love tamales and this didn't disappoint. The burrito, well... I should have seen it coming. Gordo means fat, or big... right? This thing was HUGE. It was served on one of those large oval plates/small platters. It was filled with ground beef, shredded chicken, refried beans, rice, black beans and more. Holy Cow.... After the tamale, I was only able to eat about 1/3 of the burrito, and with no refrigerator in my hotel room, I couldn't take it with me. It was very tasty, even with the variety of fillings, and I now feel like I am going to burst.

Off to finish my last exam for the night, and maybe to die of food overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment