Sunday, July 24, 2011

Arizona - Day 7

Today was my short day, the day that I flew home.

I woke up around 7:00am and it was already quite warm. I finally decided to get in some geocaching, even if it was just one cache. I took off and headed toward the large sundial in Cave Creek.

Photobucket

After poking around and finding the cache I was looking for, I worked my way South and stopped at The Good Egg for breakfast. I had the Huevos Rancheros, and they were quite good. Different than the ones I'd had earlier in the week at the hotel, but the addition of potatoes was nice. I left there and took surface streets all the way to the airport. I got to the airport a bit early, but better than late! With no problems returning the car, getting to the terminal, or getting through security, I found myself on the way home.

I still feel like there is something just beneath the surface out in the Phoenix area, but I hope I get to explore it further in the future. The area is a huge change for me, and I really liked it a lot. Phoenix has this bizarre feel as if a million people decided to move to the desert 20 years ago, it's very clean, very modern, and it was so hot while I was there that it seemed as if no one was around. North of Phoenix, as the desert faded out, more people were out and about, and the scenery change was nice.

I can't wait to revisit this area! There are a few more pictures online from this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment