Monday, December 20, 2010

Flight attempt, 2.0

It's early.... too early. Fortunately, I fell asleep last night around 5:30 or 6:00pm. Karen woke me up at 11:30 freaking our because she couldn't find our flight on American's website. It wasn't there because they crossbooked us on British Airways. With that emergency resolved, I wasn't able to go back to sleep and we were both a little hungry (1.5 meals a day is a bad idea, even for a fat guy) so we got some junk food from the front desk and finally fell asleep around 12:45. I woke up at 1:45 with bad heartburn. Chips and a Coke at midnight was such a bad idea. I attempted to fool myself into thinking that countering those with a nutragrain bar would be okay. Nutragrain bars are healthy, right? Right??!

So, here we are, 3:17 in the morning getting ready to catch our 4:00 shuttle to the airport in order to catch our 6:00am flight to Miama->Tampa->Gatwick. Karen realized that we have a 6 hours layover in Tampa tomorrow and we will be less than 10 miles from Taco Bus (www.tampatacobus.com) the entire time. It's not fair. Our friends from Tampa are either in Clarksville or at work all day tomorrow. Boooooo!

I'm off to find our Tums and see if I can score Karen some coffee before we head out. Here's to hoping for a less eventful day then yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment