Monday, December 20, 2010

MIA in Miami.....

It's currently 9:30am, local time in Miami. We landed about 30 minutes ago and headed to our next gate for the flight to Tampa. Miami International is a quite nice and clean airport, fairly modern looking, and honestly, probably about the nicest airport I've been in besides Manchester, New Hampshire. I'm quite impressed and this is as good as any place to kill 2 hours.

Robert and Carlos moved to Tampa several years ago, and Karen and I fell in love with Taco Bus (www.tampatacobus.com) in Tampa over the summer. Robert knows that we've rerouted through Tampa and is now text messaging us adamantly about getting us and taking us to Taco Bus. It would be an awesome excursion, time killer and a much cheaper and tastier lunch than the airport, but I don't think it's worth it to leave the airport and go back through security. I could be wrong, but I think you are supposed to check in 2.5 hours before our departure time, so that leaves us only 1.5 hours in Tampa. Sure, Taco Bus is literally only 10 minutes away, but still. He's being extremely persistent at the moment. I sort of hope we cave in, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. I would be good to see Robert and Carlos and Molly, or whoever is going to be there. Man, decisions.

So, off to solve this dilemma. and wait for our next flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment